Friday, November 12, 2010

Since Being Home

I have been in the United States for about 7 months now. From my last post, I had to unexpectedly come home due to a medical problem. I experienced a Gaul Bladder attack but did not know that at the time. With one of the hardest decisions of my life, I decided, along with my family, that the best and safest thing to do was to head home two weeks early. It was


It was so hard to tell the kids that I had to leave early. I still remember the walk home that we had holding the kids hands as we crossed the street. We made jolof rice and watched a movie. I then told them with some of them crying. Austin, Xenia, and Simmone were there also. I made a promise to come back and I plan to be back 2012.





I also said good bye to the medical clinic and to the Incoom family. Since coming home, we have stayed in contact by phone and email. I feel very homesick but I am comforted knowing that I will be homesick no matter where I am in the world. We have had one fundraiser, that was a yard sell, that was able to raise $500 and we are currently working on another fundraiser. It will be occuring November 18 in Rexburg, Idaho @ Sammy's Restaurant. I It is called "Raggae Charity Music Night to the Raise the Roof." The children are needing a new orphanage and thanks to The Global Oppurtunity Fund, a non-profit organization I meet in Ghana, Sarah Davie Walters and a few others were able to raise around $27,000 but they still need about $3,000 to complete the orphanage. So our goal for this new fundraiser is to help " Raise the Roof"!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment