Friday, March 12, 2010

March 11th:Part 2-- Elmina Beach

Part 2

For today, I cleaned up my room and tried to search the web for a little bit until I left for Cape around noon. I met Elvis and got a ride from him and Amos. They dropped me off at Cape near where I needed to take a shared taxi to go to Elmina Beach Resort. Elmina Beach Resort is the nicest Resort in all of Ghana I think. So I met Austin and our friend Caine there because they have a pool. It only cost 4 cedi to get in. The pool was pretty good. I could have even done laps in it if I had some goggles. They even had chlorine for the pool too. And it was right by the ocean. It was so beautiful. But since there is no competition, they have a monopoly. So they charge from 90 US dollars to 300 dollars a night there. It is very nice though. I would say I have only stayed in such nice hotels in my life back at home only a handful of times. So we swam and sun bathed for awhile. It was very nice.
I then got a taxi back to Cape after having Austin and Caine being dropped off at Cape Coast University. I then tried to find powdered milk but just decided to buy evaporated milk for pancakes tonight. I also bought a corn bread thing too because I have this craving for anything with flour tonight. The pancakes turned out great though. I forgot to have Mrs. Incoom come in and have me teach her how to make it so I will do that next time.
For tomorrow, I will wake up early and do my usual routine. I have taken it easy the past week, so I need to get back on my elephant and ride. I hope the two new volunteers come. Elvis doesn’t like Germans… I mean he hates them and so he is really not excited about them coming to stay with him. So he has no interest in knowing if they are still coming. I love you and I hope to talk with you soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment