Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mar. 3rd-- Cute Cho-Joe, Bubbles & No Mail

March 3, 2010

Sleeping at the House was such a wonderful experience. I am starting to get to know the kids more and I think that they are starting to get to know me too. The hardest part though is that I feel like they are opening their hearts and hands to me when I should only reach for their hands. I love them so much but it is too much for such young children to create such a strong friendship only to know that you will never see them again. So I want to be a part of this wonderful family, but I believe it is for the better that I continue what I am doing; that is to love them and help them.
Sorry, hahaha, I got off track. Sleeping was good. We watched the lion King II. I am going to record a little bit of them watching tonight because it is so special. To see their faces light up and how they all just concentrate and focus and then laugh and chatter with each other. I sit behind the computer and not watch the movie because I have a better view sitting behind the screen. I get to watch the kids. The way they smile, the way they laugh, and sometimes, they way they get so sad when Moo-fa-saw died. I love them so much.
At 8:30 I sent them to bed. I forgot to have some scripture reading but tonight we will. I am sleeping there again tonight because they asked to finish the movie, and while I get so tired up there, it is helping me be happier and pass the time more enjoyably. I am happiest with my kids. Although, sleeping there is so uncomfortable. There are always people coming and going from the House. Last night a strange man came. I was about to fall asleep when I heard Ester open the door. I walked to the door to see who it was and to make sure it wasn’t the crazy man down the road who comes over a lot to yell at the kids. The man came in and I guess it is my culture to be offended that someone would just let a perfect stranger into a house at night with 16 children and a young, white women. But to them, I think it is just being friendly. I said hello in a way that wasn’t all that welcoming though… oops.
I woke up a few times to Peace purring in my ear and scratching me. Peace is the cat they have. Poor thing is always picked on and is probably going to die soon. Around here, animals are not loved usually, they are just another item on the menu or used as guard dogs. So I think me being nice to Peace for the first time has made the cat trust me. And it is so good to see that me being nice to animals has started to wear off on the kids. Cho-Joe pets Peace and even Priscilla (who is mentally disabled and Ester’s daughter) doesn’t hit it anymore. Also Cho-Joe cried only once. Cho-Joe very much likes to be touching you. He has to touch you to make sure things are okay. And when he touches you, he has to squeeze and a pinch little-- like playing with your skin. So at night, when I sleep there, I pull up his mattress and mine that I sleep on and I put my arm over him and let him fall asleep playing with my skin. It is an amazing thing to watch a baby fall asleep tugging at your skin. I love that little boy. We woke up at 5:30 and got ready for school. It was rice porridge again. No problems this morning except that Christy had an ear infection, and I brought her to the clinic. We left early enough that she could still make the bus which made me very happy knowing she would not get beaten for not showing up. But today was their last day of school this week. They just finished mid-terms and this Saturday is Holiday. They go back to school on Tuesday. It will be a very long weekend since I will be up there a lot more. I then made rice porridge for myself since I was craving it and then headed off to school.
Today I taught them Measures and Bar lines and I wrote up the Five line, Treble Clef, and then quarter notes, Half Notes, Whole Notes, and Eighth notes and had them clap each of their lengths. I think they are slowly understanding. But I really hope that the sheet music you have sent will get here soon because I want to show them what it really looks like. And by the way, I still haven’t gotten the first package. I wonder if it was lost or stolen. And also, have you gotten my letter yet? I sent it about 3 weeks ago, 5 or so days before Valentines I think.
For the rest of the day, I helped mashed red peppers at the House for dinner, then helped with homework. They have so much this weekend. Joseph, surprisingly, is getting really fond of me. He plays the tough guy but he still likes to hug me, sit next to me, even call me over from across the room to be with him or opposite, he will come to me.
After homework, we got out the bubbles again. They like them a lot. Of course Priscilla just poured out the little bit I gave her. That’s why I gave her a little though, because I knew she would eventually just throw it away. She is funny that way!!! ^_^
After bubbles, I collected them around 5:30 and went home. Elvis and I then had a meeting. I believe maybe because of me having mom talk or write to Scott. But either way, it was good to catch up. It seems that when I am out and about, I see all the things I want to change and improve and tell Elvis, but when I am with him, I can’t remember them all. So I need to do better. But Scott also texted me saying “doing ok?” Scott is so wonderful. I am so glad to have gone with Cosmic. But I called and just left a message. Hopefully he gets it.
I will go to Cape Coast tomorrow and find the internet Café and email. The Incooms were on this one month internet thing and now it has gone so I will have to email by traveling. Which is not too big of a deal, other than I will only be able to do it once or twice a week if I am lucky. But the boys should be picking me up soon so I will head up there and watch the rest of Lion King II. I love you so much and have a great night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment